Are you searching for the UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus 2023 PDF Download? Look no further, as we have compiled all the important details and tips to help you prepare for the exam.
The UGC NET Women Studies exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for candidates who wish to pursue a career in the field of Women Studies. The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge in the subject and tests their eligibility for lectureship and research fellowships.
If you are planning to appear for the UGC NET Women Studies 2023 exam, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the syllabus and exam pattern. In this article, we have compiled all the important information you need to know about the UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
UGC NET Women Studies Exam Pattern 2023:
The UGC NET Women Studies exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both papers are conducted on the same day, and the duration of each paper is 3 hours. The exam is conducted online, and each question carries 2 marks. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
The UGC NET Women Studies Exam consists of two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 50
- Total marks: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) based on general aptitude, teaching and research aptitude, and current affairs.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 200
- Type of questions: MCQs based on Women Studies subjects.
Both papers are conducted in a single session with no break in between. The candidates are required to appear for both papers to be considered for the selection process.
It’s important to note that there is no negative marking for incorrect answers in UGC NET Women Studies Exam.
UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus 2023: Download PDF
The UGC NET Women Studies syllabus is divided into two parts – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Here’s a detailed syllabus for both papers.
Paper 1 Syllabus:
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics, and basic requirements.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners, and individual differences.
- Methods of teaching: Teacher-centered vs. learner-centered methods; Off-line vs. online methods.
- Evaluation systems: Elements and types of evaluation, evaluation in higher education, and grading system.
- Research: Meaning, types, and characteristics.
- Steps of research.
- Methods of research.
- Research Ethics.
- Comprehension passages.
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers, and effective communication.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Classroom communication.
- Understanding the structure of arguments.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Verbal analogies.
- Sources, acquisition, and interpretation of data.
- Quantitative and qualitative data.
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
Paper 2 Syllabus:
Nta Ugc Net Women Studies Syllabus 2023 in English
Unit – I Introduction to Women’s Studies
• Key concepts in Gender studies.
• Need, Scope and challenges of Women’s Studies – Women’s Studies as an academic
discipline. Women’s Studies to Gender Studies, Need for Gender Sensitization.
• Women’s Movements – global and local: Pre-independence, Post-independence and
• National Committees and Commissions for Women.
Unit – II Feminist thinkers and theories
• Liberal Feminism, Marxist Feminism, Radical Feminism, Socialist Feminism,
Indian Feminism, Black Feminism, Eco-Feminism.
• New Feminist Debates- Post Colonial /Post Modern, LGBT, Masculinity Studies.
• Contemporary Contestations – Intersex and Transgender Movements.
• Feminist thinkers in 18th, 19th, 20h and 21st Century
Unit – III Gender and Education
• Women’s Education – Gender diversities and disparities in enrolment, Curriculum
content, Dropouts, profession and Gender.
• Gendered Education- Family, Culture, Gender roles, Gender Identities.
• Education for the Marginalized Women.
• Recent Trends in Women’s Education – Committees and Commissions on Education.
• Vocational education and skill Development for women.
Unit – IV Women, Work and Employment
• Theoretical Perspective: Fredrick Engels, Rosa Luxemburg, Sandra Whiteworth, Boserup
• Concept of Work – Productive and non – productive work – Use value and market value.
• Gender Division of Labour – Mode of Production – Women in organized and
• New Economic Policy and its impact on Women’s Employment – Globalization –
Structural Adjustment Programs.
Unit – V Gender and Entrepreneurship
• Concept and meaning, Importance of Entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurial traits, Factors
contributing to Entrepreneurship, enabling environment, small Enterprises, women in
• Gender and emerging Technology – Impact.
• Self-help Groups and Micro Credit.
• Gender mainstreaming, Gender budgeting, planning and Analysis.
Unit – VI Women and Health
• Life Cycle Approach to Women’s Health – Health status of women in India, factors
influencing health and Nutritional status.
• Maternal and Child Health (MCH) to Reproductive and Child health approaches.
• Issues of declining Child Sex Ratio, Widowhood and old age.
• Occupational and mental health.
• Health, Hygiene and Sanitation.
• National Health and Population Policies and Programmes.
Unit – VII Women Empowerment and Development
• Theories of Development, Alternative approaches – Women in Development (WID),
Women and Development (WAD) and Gender and Development (GAD).
• Empowerment- Concept and indices: Gender Development Index (GDI), Gender
Inequality Index (GII), Global Gender Gap Index (GGGI).
• Women Development approaches in Indian Five – Year Plans.
• Women and leadership– Panchayati Raj and Role of NGOs and Women Development.
• Sustainable Development Goals, Policies and Programmes.
Unit – VIII Women Law and Governance
• Rights: Gender Equality, Gender Discrimination, Women’s Rights as Human Rights.
• Constitutional provisions for Women in India.
• Personal laws, Labour Laws, Family Courts, Enforcement machinery – Police and
• Crime against Women and Child: Child Abuse, Violence, Human Trafficking, Sexual
Harassment at Workplace Act, 2013 – Legal protection
• International Conventions and Legislations Related to Women’s Rights.
Unit – IX Gender and Media
• Discourse on Women and Media Studies- Mainstream Media, Feminist Media.
• Coverage of Women’s issues and issues of women in Mass Media and Media
Organizations (Audio-Visual and Print media).
• Digital Media and legal protection.
• Alternative Media – Folk Art, Street Play and Theatre.
• Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986, Impact of media on women.
Unit – X Feminist Research Methodology
• Understanding Feminist Research – Concepts, Debates and Limitations.
• Feminist Epistemology, Feminist Standpoint, Sexist and Non-Sexist Research
Methodology, Ethnography, Queer Theories.
• Research Design and Methods – Survey, Exploratory, Diagnostic, Experimental, Action
Research and Case Studies.
• Qualitative verses Quantitative Research.
Paper 2 Syllabus Download Pdf:
Ugc Net Women Studies Syllabus 2023 in English
Ugc Net Women Studies Syllabus 2023 in Hindi
Preparation Tips for UGC NET Women Studies Exam 2023:
Here are some tips for preparing for the UGC NET Women Studies exam 2023:
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly.
- Make a study plan
- Refer to standard textbooks and study materials recommended for the exam.
- Practice previous year question papers and mock tests.
- Focus on time management and accuracy while attempting the questions.
- Take regular breaks and maintain a healthy lifestyle to avoid burnout.
- Join coaching classes or online courses if necessary.
- Stay updated with current affairs related to the Women Studies field.
- The UGC NET Women Studies exam is conducted by NTA for candidates who wish to pursue a career in Women Studies.
- The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge in the subject and tests their eligibility for lectureship and research fellowships.
- The exam pattern of UGC NET Women Studies 2023 includes multiple-choice questions and is conducted in online mode.
- The marking scheme of the exam is +2 for a correct answer and no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours, and the number of questions is 150.
- The UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus 2023 PDF Download is an important document that provides a detailed outline of the topics that will be covered in the exam.
- To download the syllabus, candidates can visit the official website of NTA and click on the link provided.
- The syllabus is available in PDF format and can be downloaded for free.
- The syllabus is divided into nine units, each covering a specific topic related to Women Studies.
- To prepare for the exam, candidates must understand the syllabus, make a study plan, practice previous year question papers, join a coaching institute, take mock tests, and revise regularly.
- Is there any negative marking in the UGC NET Women Studies exam 2023? Ans: No, there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Can I download the UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus 2023 PDF from the official website? Ans: Yes, the syllabus is available for download on the official website of NTA.
- What is the duration of the UGC NET Women Studies exam 2023? Ans: The duration of each paper is 3 hours.
In conclusion, the UGC NET Women Studies exam 2023 is a crucial opportunity for aspirants who want to pursue a career in the teaching or research field. To crack the exam, it’s essential to have a clear understanding of the syllabus, exam pattern, and prepare accordingly. With a comprehensive understanding of the UGC NET Women Studies Syllabus 2023 PDF download and proper preparation, you can clear the exam with flying colors.