Are you searching for the UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health Syllabus 2023 PDF Download? Look no further, as we have compiled all the important details and tips to help you prepare for the exam.
The UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for candidates who wish to pursue a career in the field of Social Medicine & Community Health. The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge in the subject and tests their eligibility for lectureship and research fellowships.
If you are planning to appear for the UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health 2023 exam, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the syllabus and exam pattern. In this article, we have compiled all the important information you need to know about the UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health Exam Pattern 2023:
The UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both papers are conducted on the same day, and the duration of each paper is 3 hours. The exam is conducted online, and each question carries 2 marks. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
The UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health Exam consists of two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 50
- Total marks: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) based on general aptitude, teaching and research aptitude, and current affairs.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 200
- Type of questions: MCQs based on Social Medicine & Community Health subjects.
Both papers are conducted in a single session with no break in between. The candidates are required to appear for both papers to be considered for the selection process.
It’s important to note that there is no negative marking for incorrect answers in UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health Exam.
UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health Syllabus 2023: Download PDF
The UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health syllabus is divided into two parts – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Here’s a detailed syllabus for both papers.
Paper 1 Syllabus:
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics, and basic requirements.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners, and individual differences.
- Methods of teaching: Teacher-centered vs. learner-centered methods; Off-line vs. online methods.
- Evaluation systems: Elements and types of evaluation, evaluation in higher education, and grading system.
- Research: Meaning, types, and characteristics.
- Steps of research.
- Methods of research.
- Research Ethics.
- Comprehension passages.
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers, and effective communication.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Classroom communication.
- Understanding the structure of arguments.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Verbal analogies.
- Sources, acquisition, and interpretation of data.
- Quantitative and qualitative data.
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
Paper 2 Syllabus:
Nta Ugc Net Social Medicine Community Health Syllabus 2023 in English
Unit-I Evolution and Basic Concepts of Public Health/ Social Medicine and
• History of Social Medicine and Community Health
• History of Public Health and Its Milestones
• Comprehensive Health Care
• Social Development and Health
• Dimensions and Determinants of Health
• Concepts and Indicators of Health and Wellbeing
• Natural History of Disease
• Levels of Prevention
• Globalisation and Its Impact on Health
• Roles and Responsibility of State, Community and Private Sector in Health
Unit-II Evolution of Health Policies and Health Services in India
• Health Committees and Development of Health Services in Independent India
• Constitutional Provisions, Federal Structure and Social Security
• National Health Policies (1983, 2002, 2017), Population Policy, Nutrition Policy,
• Policy on Indian Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy, 2002
• Important Health Legislations in India
• Health Infrastructure in India—Public, Private, and Charitable, Public Private Partnership(PPP)
• Health financing and Health insurance, Out of Pocket expenditure
• Civil society and Social Movements in Health
Unit-III General Epidemiology and Bio-statistics
• Basic concepts and definitions in Epidemiology
• Types of epidemiology
• Uses of epidemiology
• Measurements in epidemiology
• Epidemiological Study Designs
• Screening and surveillance
• Validity of Screening and Diagnostic tests
• Causation , Association and Biases
• Investigation of an epidemic
• Basic concepts in Bio statistics
• Types of data and data sources for Public Health
• Sampling techniques and Social Medicine Community Health size estimation
• Probability and Tests of significance
• Data analysis, presentation and interpretation
Unit-IV Social Sciences and Health
• Definition, Scope, Concepts and Significance of Social, Economic, Cultural and Behavioral factors on Health and Disease
• Social Theories of Causation of Disease
• Implications of Social Structure and Socio-economic Status for Health
• Political and Economic Aspects of Health
• Health Perceptions and Behavior
• Health Economics
• Qualitative Research Methodology
• Social Work Approach in Health Care
Unit-V Epidemiology of Common Health Problems In India and National Health
• Communicable Diseases—Common, Emerging and Re-emerging diseases, Hospital acquired infections, Antimicrobial resistance
• Non-Communicable Diseases—Cardio-vascular diseases, Diabetes, Cancers, Rheumatic heart disease, Blindness, Mental Health, Occupational Diseases, Genetic diseases
• Accidents , Injuries and Disasters
• All National Health Programs and data sources.
Unit-VI Basic Determinants of Health
a. Environment and Health
• Water and sanitation
• Environmental pollution and Health impacts
• Built environment and Housing
• Climate change and impact on health
• Waste management
• Hospital waste management b. Nutrition
• Ecology of malnutrition
• Assessment of Nutritional status
• Nutritional diseases and their management
• Food and nutrition security and related legislations
• National Nutrition programs
• Socio cultural aspects of nutrition
• Food safety, Food standards and related legislations c. Social determinants of Health
Unit-VII Demography, Family Welfare and RCH
a. Demography and Family Planning
• Definition, concepts and indicators related to demography and family planning
• Demographic cycle
• Size, composition and distribution of India’s population
• Approaches and methods of contraception
• Evolution of National Family Welfare Program
• Social issues related to Family Planning
• Felt need and unmet need in Family planning
• Social marketing in family planning
• Counseling in Family planning
• PC and PNDT Act-1994
• MTP Act 1971 b. Reproductive and Child Health
• Evolution of Maternal/ Reproductive and child Health programs
• Safe motherhood and essential newborn care with related schemes and programs
• Gender issues in women’s health
• Major health problems of children in India and related National Health Programs
• Adolescent health and related schemes and programs
• Rights of child and related schemes and Programs
• School Health Programme
Unit-VIII Health Education/ IEC/ BCC and Information Technology in Health
• Concepts, objectives and approaches of health education
• Methods , modes and barriers of communication
• Planning, Management and Organization of health education programs
• E-medicine, Distance education and associated legal issues
• Role of media in Health Education
• E Health and m Health
Unit-IX Health Systems Research, Planning and Management and Recent Advances
in Public Health
• Health planning and management
• Health systems research- Operations Research, System analysis, Health Technology assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation
• Health Management Information System
• Medical and Social Audits
• Health teams and their management
• Human Resources in Health
• Role of Ayush in local Health traditions
• Health policy studies
• Quality assessment of Health Services- parameters and standards
• Ethics in Health Care
• National Institutes of Public Health Research and Training
Unit-X International Health
• Health problems of developed and developing countries
• Health problems of South East Asia region
• International agencies in Health
• Health for All approaches- Primary Health Care (1978) to Universal Health Coverage
• Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
Paper 2 Syllabus Download Pdf:
Preparation Tips for UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health Exam 2023:
Here are some tips for preparing for the UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health exam 2023:
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly.
- Make a study plan
- Refer to standard textbooks and study materials recommended for the exam.
- Practice previous year question papers and mock tests.
- Focus on time management and accuracy while attempting the questions.
- Take regular breaks and maintain a healthy lifestyle to avoid burnout.
- Join coaching classes or online courses if necessary.
- Stay updated with current affairs related to the Social Medicine & Community Health field.
- The UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health exam is conducted by NTA for candidates who wish to pursue a career in Social Medicine & Community Health.
- The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge in the subject and tests their eligibility for lectureship and research fellowships.
- The exam pattern of UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health 2023 includes multiple-choice questions and is conducted in online mode.
- The marking scheme of the exam is +2 for a correct answer and no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours, and the number of questions is 150.
- The UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health Syllabus 2023 PDF Download is an important document that provides a detailed outline of the topics that will be covered in the exam.
- To download the syllabus, candidates can visit the official website of NTA and click on the link provided.
- The syllabus is available in PDF format and can be downloaded for free.
- The syllabus is divided into nine units, each covering a specific topic related to Social Medicine & Community Health.
- To prepare for the exam, candidates must understand the syllabus, make a study plan, practice previous year question papers, join a coaching institute, take mock tests, and revise regularly.
- Is there any negative marking in the UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health exam 2023? Ans: No, there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Can I download the UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health Syllabus 2023 PDF from the official website? Ans: Yes, the syllabus is available for download on the official website of NTA.
- What is the duration of the UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health exam 2023? Ans: The duration of each paper is 3 hours.
In conclusion, the UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health exam 2023 is a crucial opportunity for aspirants who want to pursue a career in the teaching or research field. To crack the exam, it’s essential to have a clear understanding of the syllabus, exam pattern, and prepare accordingly. With a comprehensive understanding of the UGC NET Social Medicine & Community Health Syllabus 2023 PDF download and proper preparation, you can clear the exam with flying colors.