Are you searching for the UGC NET Labour Welfare Syllabus 2023 PDF Download? Look no further, as we have compiled all the important details and tips to help you prepare for the exam.
The UGC NET Labour Welfare exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for candidates who wish to pursue a career in the field of Labour Welfare. The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge in the subject and tests their eligibility for lectureship and research fellowships.
If you are planning to appear for the UGC NET Labour Welfare 2023 exam, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the syllabus and exam pattern. In this article, we have compiled all the important information you need to know about the UGC NET Labour Welfare Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
UGC NET Labour Welfare Exam Pattern 2023:
The UGC NET Labour Welfare exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both papers are conducted on the same day, and the duration of each paper is 3 hours. The exam is conducted online, and each question carries 2 marks. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
The UGC NET Labour Welfare Exam consists of two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 50
- Total marks: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) based on general aptitude, teaching and research aptitude, and current affairs.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 200
- Type of questions: MCQs based on Labour Welfare subjects.
Both papers are conducted in a single session with no break in between. The candidates are required to appear for both papers to be considered for the selection process.
It’s important to note that there is no negative marking for incorrect answers in UGC NET Labour Welfare Exam.
UGC NET Labour Welfare Syllabus 2023: Download PDF
The UGC NET Labour Welfare syllabus is divided into two parts – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Here’s a detailed syllabus for both papers.
Paper 1 Syllabus:
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics, and basic requirements.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners, and individual differences.
- Methods of teaching: Teacher-centered vs. learner-centered methods; Off-line vs. online methods.
- Evaluation systems: Elements and types of evaluation, evaluation in higher education, and grading system.
- Research: Meaning, types, and characteristics.
- Steps of research.
- Methods of research.
- Research Ethics.
- Comprehension passages.
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers, and effective communication.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Classroom communication.
- Understanding the structure of arguments.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Verbal analogies.
- Sources, acquisition, and interpretation of data.
- Quantitative and qualitative data.
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
Paper 2 Syllabus:
Nta Ugc Net Labour Welfare Syllabus 2023 in English
Unit – I
Principles and Practices of Management: Development of management Thought, Contributions of Taylor, Fayol, Mayo, Mary Parker Follett and C.I. Barnard.
Behavioural Approach, Systems Approach, Quantitative Approach and Contingency Approach.
Function of Management: Planning and Decision Making, Organising, Staffing, Directing, Controlling, Coordinating.
Unit – II
Human Resource Management: Conceptual framework, Human Resource Planning, Job Analysis, Recruitment, Selection, Placement, Induction, Training and Development, Performance Management, Job Evaluation, Compensation Management, Employee Benefits and Incentives, Managing Career.
New Trends in HRM: Changing environment of HRM and contemporary challenges, Emerging HRM Concepts.
Unit – III
Human Resource Development (HRD): Concepts, Assumptions, Values, HRD Mechanisms, Action – research Model, HRD Culture and Climate, HRD Interventions, HR Accounting and Audit, Consultant – client relationship, Knowledge Management, Human Resource Information System.
International Human Resource Management (IHRM): Organisational context of IHRM, IHRM and Sustainable Business, Functions of IHRM, Cross – Cultural Studies, Cultural Diversity, Transnational Organisations, IHRM models.
Unit – IV
Organisational Behaviour: Concept, Scope, Nature of human behavior, Personality, Perception, Learning, Attitude, Motivation, Interpersonal Behaviour, Group Dynamics, Leadership, Communication, Power and Authority, Stress, Organisational Change and Development.
Unit – V
Industrial Relations: Concept, Scope, Evolution, Approaches, Actors and Models, Conflict and cooperation, Bi-partitism, Tri-partitism, Collective Bargaining, Workers’ Participation in Management, Grievance Handling and Disciplinary Action, Code of Conduct, Industrial Relations in changing scenario, Employers’ organisations.
Trade Unions: Concepts, Evolution, Problems of trade unions in India, Recognition, The Trade Unions Act, 1926. Emerging role of trade unions in India.
Unit – VI
Industrial Disputes: Factors, Forms, Trends, Prevention and Settlement, Role of State and Central Labour Administration, Strikes and Lockouts. The Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946. The Industrial Disputes Act, 1947.
Unit – VII
Objectives, Principles, Classification and Evolution. International Labour Organisation, Social Justice and Labour Legislation, Indian Constitution and Labour Laws.
• The Factories Act, 1948.
• The Mines Act, 1952.
• The Inter-state Migrant Workmen (Regulation of employment and conditions of service) Act, 1979.
• The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970.
• The Building and other Construction workers (Regulation of employment and conditions of service) Act, 1996.
• The Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986.
Unit – VIII
Concept, Types, Factors influencing wages, Wage Theories and Wage Differentials
• The Minimum Wages Act, 1948.
• The Payment of Wages Act, 1936.
• The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965.
• The Equal Remuneration Act, 1976.
• The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972.
• The Employees’ Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952.
Unit – IX
Concept, Scope, Types, Theories and Principles, Industrial Health and Hygiene, Industrial Accidents and safety, Occupational Diseases
Social Security: Concept and Scope, Social Assistance and Social assurance.
Unit – X
Features, Demand and Supply of Labour, Nature and Composition of Indian Labour Force, Unemployment and Underemployment, Types of Labour Market,
Characteristics of Indian Labour Market, New Dynamics of Labour Market in India, Economic Systems and Labor Market, Problems of Labour in India.
Paper 2 Syllabus Download Pdf:
Preparation Tips for UGC NET Labour Welfare Exam 2023:
Here are some tips for preparing for the UGC NET Labour Welfare exam 2023:
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly.
- Make a study plan
- Refer to standard textbooks and study materials recommended for the exam.
- Practice previous year question papers and mock tests.
- Focus on time management and accuracy while attempting the questions.
- Take regular breaks and maintain a healthy lifestyle to avoid burnout.
- Join coaching classes or online courses if necessary.
- Stay updated with current affairs related to the Labour Welfare field.
- The UGC NET Labour Welfare exam is conducted by NTA for candidates who wish to pursue a career in Labour Welfare.
- The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge in the subject and tests their eligibility for lectureship and research fellowships.
- The exam pattern of UGC NET Labour Welfare 2023 includes multiple-choice questions and is conducted in online mode.
- The marking scheme of the exam is +2 for a correct answer and no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours, and the number of questions is 150.
- The UGC NET Labour Welfare Syllabus 2023 PDF Download is an important document that provides a detailed outline of the topics that will be covered in the exam.
- To download the syllabus, candidates can visit the official website of NTA and click on the link provided.
- The syllabus is available in PDF format and can be downloaded for free.
- The syllabus is divided into nine units, each covering a specific topic related to Labour Welfare.
- To prepare for the exam, candidates must understand the syllabus, make a study plan, practice previous year question papers, join a coaching institute, take mock tests, and revise regularly.
- Is there any negative marking in the UGC NET Labour Welfare exam 2023? Ans: No, there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Can I download the UGC NET Labour Welfare Syllabus 2023 PDF from the official website? Ans: Yes, the syllabus is available for download on the official website of NTA.
- What is the duration of the UGC NET Labour Welfare exam 2023? Ans: The duration of each paper is 3 hours.
In conclusion, the UGC NET Labour Welfare exam 2023 is a crucial opportunity for aspirants who want to pursue a career in the teaching or research field. To crack the exam, it’s essential to have a clear understanding of the syllabus, exam pattern, and prepare accordingly. With a comprehensive understanding of the UGC NET Labour Welfare Syllabus 2023 PDF download and proper preparation, you can clear the exam with flying colors.