Are you searching for the UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2023 PDF Download? Look no further, as we have compiled all the important details and tips to help you prepare for the exam.
The UGC NET Forensic Science exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for candidates who wish to pursue a career in the field of Forensic Science. The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge in the subject and tests their eligibility for lectureship and research fellowships.
If you are planning to appear for the UGC NET Forensic Science 2023 exam, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the syllabus and exam pattern. In this article, we have compiled all the important information you need to know about the UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
UGC NET Forensic Science Exam Pattern 2023:
The UGC NET Forensic Science exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both papers are conducted on the same day, and the duration of each paper is 3 hours. The exam is conducted online, and each question carries 2 marks. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
The UGC NET Forensic Science Exam consists of two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 50
- Total marks: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) based on general aptitude, teaching and research aptitude, and current affairs.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 200
- Type of questions: MCQs based on Forensic Science subjects.
Both papers are conducted in a single session with no break in between. The candidates are required to appear for both papers to be considered for the selection process.
It’s important to note that there is no negative marking for incorrect answers in UGC NET Forensic Science Exam.
UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2023: Download PDF
The UGC NET Forensic Science syllabus is divided into two parts – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Here’s a detailed syllabus for both papers.
Paper 1 Syllabus:
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics, and basic requirements.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners, and individual differences.
- Methods of teaching: Teacher-centered vs. learner-centered methods; Off-line vs. online methods.
- Evaluation systems: Elements and types of evaluation, evaluation in higher education, and grading system.
- Research: Meaning, types, and characteristics.
- Steps of research.
- Methods of research.
- Research Ethics.
- Comprehension passages.
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers, and effective communication.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Classroom communication.
- Understanding the structure of arguments.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Verbal analogies.
- Sources, acquisition, and interpretation of data.
- Quantitative and qualitative data.
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
Paper 2 Syllabus:
Nta Ugc Net Forensic Science Syllabus 2023 in English
Unit – I
• Forensic Science: Definition, History & Development, Scope, Ethics in Forensic Science
• Physical Evidence: Nature, Types, Search methods, Collection, Preservation, Packing & Forwarding of Physical & Trace evidence for forensic analyses, Chain of Custody
• Crime Scene: Nature, Types, Preservation of Scene of Crime
• Criminal Investigations: Unnatural deaths, Criminal assaults, Sexual offences, Poisoning, Vehicular accidents
• Courts: Types, powers and jurisdiction, Admissibility of evidence in Courts, Definition of Experts, Provisions in Cr.P.C.,1973 & Indian Evidence Act relating to experts & their reports; Court Procedures pertaining to Expert Testimony & Witness
• Organization of Forensic Science Laboratories of Centre and State, NCRB and NICFS
• Fundamental Rights: Right of Equality (Articles 14 to 18) and Right of Freedom (Articles 19 to 22) as per Constitution of India
• Criminal Profiling: Profile of victim and culprit, its role in crime investigation, Lie detection (Polygraphy), Narco analysis, Brain mapping, scope and limitations
• Concept of quality control management in Forensic institutions
Unit – II
• Microscopy: Polarizing, Comparison, Stereoscopic, Fluorescent and Electron Microscopes
• Spectrophotometry: UV, Visible, IR, Raman, Atomic absorption, Emission
• Neutron Activation Analysis
• X – rays and x-ray based techniques such as XRD, XRF
• Mass Spectroscopy
• Chromatographic Techniques: TLC, GLC, HPLC,HPTLC
• Hyphenated Techniques: GC-MS, LC-MS, IR-MS and ICP-MS
• Electrophoresis: High and Low voltage electrophoresis, Immunoelectrophoresis
• Immunoassays: Principle, Types ,Techniques and applications
Unit – III
• Detection and Identification of Blood stains
• Determination of Species of Origin
• Blood Group Systems
• Techniques of Determination of Blood groups of Blood Stains
• Detection of Seminal and other body fluids and their Blood Grouping, Red cells Enzymes, Serum Proteins of forensic significance
• Disputed Paternity & Maternity
• DNA: Structure, DNA as genetic marker, DNA Extraction and Profiling Techniques
• DNA Phenotyping and RNA Profiling & their applications
• Wild life Forensics: Wild life (Protection) Act,1972, Scope, Evidences and Identification
Unit – IV
• Analysis of Ethyl alcohol in beverages , liquors, biological fluids and breath
• Analysis of Methanol and Denaturants
• Illicit liquors
• Analysis of Chemicals in Trap Cases
• Metabolism and Chemical examination of : Insecticides & Pesticides, Tranquillizers & Sedatives, Hypnotics Stimulants, Narcotics, Opiates, Drugs of abuse; Analyses of above and their Toxicity
• Plant poisons
• Metallic Poisons
• Extraction, Isolation & Clean-up procedures, Identification of common poisons from viscera, tissues and body fluids
Unit – V
• Fire arms: Types, Classification, Ammunition and their Compositions
• Forensic examination of Firearms, Ammunition, Firearms’ projectiles (Bullets, Shots, Slug etc.), Shell case
• Gunshot residues analysis
• Concept of Velocity, Penetration, Dispersion, Ricochet, Accidental Discharge, Determination of Range in firearm cases
• Examination of Country made firearms
• Basics of Internal, External and Terminal Ballistics
• Tool marks: Meaning, Types and Examination
• Restoration of Erased Markings on Metal Surfaces
Unit – VI
• Fire and Arson: Analyses of Petroleum Products and other incendiary materials
• Explosives: Definition, Types and Analyses
• Bombs: Country made bombs, Improvised Explosive Devices ( IEDs ) and their examination
• Investigation in Explosion and Arson related cases
• Photography: Types, application in criminal investigation & Forensic evidence examination
Unit – VII
• Hair & Fibers: Nature, Types, Structure and Examination
• Pollens and Diatoms: Their application in Forensic investigation
• Dust & Soil: Nature, Types, Forensic Examination
• Paint, Lacquer & Varnishes: Nature, composition and forensic examination
• Glass: Composition, Types, Fractures, Examination
• Cement, Mortar and Concrete: General Composition, Forensic Analysis
• Computer Forensics: Introduction, Types of Computer crimes, Digital evidence- Seizure, Acquisition and Forensic examination
• Mobile Phone Forensics
Unit – VIII
• Fingerprints: History, Characteristics, Types, Classification, Preservation, Development, Lifting and Comparison, Examination of Chance Prints, Computerization of Fingerprints, AFIS
• Track Marks: Foot Prints, Shoe Prints, Tire Marks, Their Preservation & Casting, Comparison, Skid marks. Gait pattern
• Biometric Systems of Identification and its relevance
• Voice Analysis: Introduction, Significance, Structure of Human Voice apparatus, Voice spectrography, Voice analysis, Legal aspects and limitations
Unit – IX
• Documents: Definition, Types, Preliminary examination of documents
• Reproduction of documents through photographic and mechanical means and their examination
• Examination of Alterations such as Erasures, Obliterations & Additions
• Indentations, Secret writings and Charred documents
• Inks, Papers and their scientific examinations with modern methods
• Age of documents
• Examination of Typescripts, Printed matter including currency notes and lottery tickets. Mechanical impressions
• Hand writings: Class and Individual characteristics of Handwritings, Factors affecting handwritings, Standard Forensic Sciences for comparison, Comparison of hand-written texts
• Anonymous and disguised writings
• Identification of hand writings, signatures, detection of forged signature and forgeries
• Examination of Credit Cards and Similar materials
• Modes & Manner of deaths, Sexual offences and its medicolegal importance, Amendments in law related to sexual offences
• Post – mortem examination and Post – mortem changes, Estimation of time since death
• Injuries & Wounds: Types, Medicolegal importance, Gunshot wounds
• Determination of Species of Origin, Sex , Age, Stature, and individual identification through skeletal remains
• Identification through Skull superimposition and facial reconstruction
• Human dentition, Type of teeth, determination of Age, Bite marks
• Forensic Entomology: Introduction, Insects of forensic importance, Insects on Carrion, Forensic applications
Paper 2 Syllabus Download Pdf:
Preparation Tips for UGC NET Forensic Science Exam 2023:
Here are some tips for preparing for the UGC NET Forensic Science exam 2023:
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly.
- Make a study plan
- Refer to standard textbooks and study materials recommended for the exam.
- Practice previous year question papers and mock tests.
- Focus on time management and accuracy while attempting the questions.
- Take regular breaks and maintain a healthy lifestyle to avoid burnout.
- Join coaching classes or online courses if necessary.
- Stay updated with current affairs related to the Forensic Science field.
- The UGC NET Forensic Science exam is conducted by NTA for candidates who wish to pursue a career in Forensic Science.
- The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge in the subject and tests their eligibility for lectureship and research fellowships.
- The exam pattern of UGC NET Forensic Science 2023 includes multiple-choice questions and is conducted in online mode.
- The marking scheme of the exam is +2 for a correct answer and no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours, and the number of questions is 150.
- The UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2023 PDF Download is an important document that provides a detailed outline of the topics that will be covered in the exam.
- To download the syllabus, candidates can visit the official website of NTA and click on the link provided.
- The syllabus is available in PDF format and can be downloaded for free.
- The syllabus is divided into nine units, each covering a specific topic related to Forensic Science.
- To prepare for the exam, candidates must understand the syllabus, make a study plan, practice previous year question papers, join a coaching institute, take mock tests, and revise regularly.
- Is there any negative marking in the UGC NET Forensic Science exam 2023? Ans: No, there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Can I download the UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2023 PDF from the official website? Ans: Yes, the syllabus is available for download on the official website of NTA.
- What is the duration of the UGC NET Forensic Science exam 2023? Ans: The duration of each paper is 3 hours.
In conclusion, the UGC NET Forensic Science exam 2023 is a crucial opportunity for aspirants who want to pursue a career in the teaching or research field. To crack the exam, it’s essential to have a clear understanding of the syllabus, exam pattern, and prepare accordingly. With a comprehensive understanding of the UGC NET Forensic Science Syllabus 2023 PDF download and proper preparation, you can clear the exam with flying colors.