Are you searching for the UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2023 PDF Download? Look no further, as we have compiled all the important details and tips to help you prepare for the exam.
The UGC NET Comparative Literature exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for candidates who wish to pursue a career in the field of Comparative Literature. The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge in the subject and tests their eligibility for lectureship and research fellowships.
If you are planning to appear for the UGC NET Comparative Literature 2023 exam, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the syllabus and exam pattern. In this article, we have compiled all the important information you need to know about the UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
UGC NET Comparative Literature Exam Pattern 2023:
The UGC NET Comparative Literature exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both papers are conducted on the same day, and the duration of each paper is 3 hours. The exam is conducted online, and each question carries 2 marks. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
The UGC NET Comparative Literature Exam consists of two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 50
- Total marks: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) based on general aptitude, teaching and research aptitude, and current affairs.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 200
- Type of questions: MCQs based on Comparative Literature subjects.
Both papers are conducted in a single session with no break in between. The candidates are required to appear for both papers to be considered for the selection process.
It’s important to note that there is no negative marking for incorrect answers in UGC NET Comparative Literature Exam.
UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2023: Download PDF
The UGC NET Comparative Literature syllabus is divided into two parts – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Here’s a detailed syllabus for both papers.
Paper 1 Syllabus:
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics, and basic requirements.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners, and individual differences.
- Methods of teaching: Teacher-centered vs. learner-centered methods; Off-line vs. online methods.
- Evaluation systems: Elements and types of evaluation, evaluation in higher education, and grading system.
- Research: Meaning, types, and characteristics.
- Steps of research.
- Methods of research.
- Research Ethics.
- Comprehension passages.
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers, and effective communication.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Classroom communication.
- Understanding the structure of arguments.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Verbal analogies.
- Sources, acquisition, and interpretation of data.
- Quantitative and qualitative data.
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
Paper 2 Syllabus:
Nta Ugc Net Comparative Literature Syllabus 2023 in English
Unit – I
Conceptual Framework of Comparative Literature
1. The Emergence of Comparative Literature 2. Difference/ Alterity and the Ethics of Plurality 3. Limitations of the Idea of National Literature 4. Theories of Interpretation
Unit – II
1. Sources of Literary History: Oral, Manuscriptal, Scriptal and
Virtual 2. Approaches to Literary History: Integrationist and other models 3. Problems of Periodization
Unit – III
History of Comparative Literature
1. History of Comparative Literature : French, German, Russian and
Tel Aviv Schools 2. Comparative Literature in India: From Tagore to the Present 3. World Literature: From Goethe to the Present 4. “The State of the Discipline” Reports
Unit – IV
Translation in Comparative Context
1. History and Politics of Translation 2. Translation as Reception 3. Problems and Promises of Translation in Multilingual Situations 4. Untranslatability and Silence
Unit – V
Poetics and Literary Theory
1. Indian Poetics: Sanskrit and Tamil 2. Perso-Arabic Traditions 3. Western Classical Literary Theory
Unit – VI
Indian Literature –I
1. Classical – Sanskrit, Tamil, Pali and other literary traditions 2. Medieval –Formations of Language-Literature (bhasha) Traditions
in India;Bhakti, Santand Sufi Literature 3. Contact with West Asian, South-east Asian and South Asian
Unit – VII
Indian Literature – II
1. Modernity as a concept 2. Colonial Modernity: Transactions with Western Forms and
Literary Traditions 3. Modernity as Discourse: Multiple Modernisms in the Context of
Various Language-Literatures 4. Discontents of Modernity: Literatures of Women, Adivasis, Dalits,
Minorities and others
Unit – VIII
Literary Modes, Genres and Themes
1. The “literary” as a convention 2. Mode and Performativity: Tragedy, Epic and Novel 3. Genres: Theories; Taxonomy : Generic Markers and
Transformations 4. Themes: Motifs, Myth, Archetypes
Unit – IX
Interdisciplinarity and Intermediality
1. Literature and Other Arts: Texts Across Mediums
2. Literary Studies and Other Disciplines
Unit – X
1. Intertextuality, Parody and Pastiche 2. Re-writing in Diachronic and Synchronic Frames 3. Adaptation, Appropriation and Assimilation
Paper 2 Syllabus Download Pdf:
Preparation Tips for UGC NET Comparative Literature Exam 2023:
Here are some tips for preparing for the UGC NET Comparative Literature exam 2023:
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly.
- Make a study plan
- Refer to standard textbooks and study materials recommended for the exam.
- Practice previous year question papers and mock tests.
- Focus on time management and accuracy while attempting the questions.
- Take regular breaks and maintain a healthy lifestyle to avoid burnout.
- Join coaching classes or online courses if necessary.
- Stay updated with current affairs related to the Comparative Literature field.
- The UGC NET Comparative Literature exam is conducted by NTA for candidates who wish to pursue a career in Comparative Literature.
- The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge in the subject and tests their eligibility for lectureship and research fellowships.
- The exam pattern of UGC NET Comparative Literature 2023 includes multiple-choice questions and is conducted in online mode.
- The marking scheme of the exam is +2 for a correct answer and no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours, and the number of questions is 150.
- The UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2023 PDF Download is an important document that provides a detailed outline of the topics that will be covered in the exam.
- To download the syllabus, candidates can visit the official website of NTA and click on the link provided.
- The syllabus is available in PDF format and can be downloaded for free.
- The syllabus is divided into nine units, each covering a specific topic related to Comparative Literature.
- To prepare for the exam, candidates must understand the syllabus, make a study plan, practice previous year question papers, join a coaching institute, take mock tests, and revise regularly.
- Is there any negative marking in the UGC NET Comparative Literature exam 2023? Ans: No, there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Can I download the UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2023 PDF from the official website? Ans: Yes, the syllabus is available for download on the official website of NTA.
- What is the duration of the UGC NET Comparative Literature exam 2023? Ans: The duration of each paper is 3 hours.
In conclusion, the UGC NET Comparative Literature exam 2023 is a crucial opportunity for aspirants who want to pursue a career in the teaching or research field. To crack the exam, it’s essential to have a clear understanding of the syllabus, exam pattern, and prepare accordingly. With a comprehensive understanding of the UGC NET Comparative Literature Syllabus 2023 PDF download and proper preparation, you can clear the exam with flying colors.