Are you searching for the UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus 2023 PDF Download? Look no further, as we have compiled all the important details and tips to help you prepare for the exam.
The UGC NET Adult Education exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for candidates who wish to pursue a career in the field of Adult Education. The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge in the subject and tests their eligibility for lectureship and research fellowships.
If you are planning to appear for the UGC NET Adult Education 2023 exam, it is important to have a thorough understanding of the syllabus and exam pattern. In this article, we have compiled all the important information you need to know about the UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus 2023 PDF Download
UGC NET Adult Education Exam Pattern 2023:
The UGC NET Adult Education exam consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both papers are conducted on the same day, and the duration of each paper is 3 hours. The exam is conducted online, and each question carries 2 marks. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
The UGC NET Adult Education Exam consists of two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 50
- Total marks: 100
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) based on general aptitude, teaching and research aptitude, and current affairs.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 200
- Type of questions: MCQs based on Adult Education subjects.
Both papers are conducted in a single session with no break in between. The candidates are required to appear for both papers to be considered for the selection process.
It’s important to note that there is no negative marking for incorrect answers in UGC NET Adult Education Exam.
UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus 2023: Download PDF
The UGC NET Adult Education syllabus is divided into two parts – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Here’s a detailed syllabus for both papers.
Paper 1 Syllabus:
- Teaching: Nature, objectives, characteristics, and basic requirements.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners, and individual differences.
- Methods of teaching: Teacher-centered vs. learner-centered methods; Off-line vs. online methods.
- Evaluation systems: Elements and types of evaluation, evaluation in higher education, and grading system.
- Research: Meaning, types, and characteristics.
- Steps of research.
- Methods of research.
- Research Ethics.
- Comprehension passages.
- Communication: Nature, characteristics, types, barriers, and effective communication.
- Verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Classroom communication.
- Understanding the structure of arguments.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Verbal analogies.
- Sources, acquisition, and interpretation of data.
- Quantitative and qualitative data.
- Graphical representation and mapping of data.
Paper 2 Syllabus:
Nta Ugc Net Adult Education Syllabus 2023 in English
ADULT, CONTINUING EDUCATION & EXTENSION: INDIAN AND GLOBAL CONTEXTS
• Adult, Continuing Education: Pre And Post Independent India
• Adult Education Perspectives: Asian, Latin American, European and American
• Extension Education and Services in India: Phases and Movements
• Extension as “Third Dimension” of Higher Education, New approaches in Extension Education and Services in India, National Open school, Field organisation practices
• Need, concept, types and characteristics of Lifelong Learning programmes in India
• Opportunities for Lifelong Learning and Extension
• Agencies in Lifelong Learning in and outside India
• Comparative Studies in Adult Education: Parameters, Trends and Analysis
THEORETICAL AND FUNCTIONAL BASE OF ADULT EDUCATION
• Liberal, Behaviouristic, Progressive, Humanistic, Radical and Analytical approaches of Adult Education
• Social and educational perspectives of Tagore, Gandhi, Vivekananda, Radhakrishnan, Ambedkar and other Indian thinkers
• Androgogy and Pedagogy
• Attributes and distinctive features of adult learning and development
• Motivational aspects of adult learning, values in Adult Education, and challenges of contemporary society
• Individual Vs. Group learning approaches in Adult Education
• Experiences and learning from agriculture, home science, community health and technology
• Learning needs of diverse group of adult learners
• Theories of adult learning
• Professionalization of adult education
• Prior learning: Concept, issues and challenges, Equivalence and academic credit for continuing education courses
ALTERNATE LEARNING SYSTEMS
• Education: Status, challenges and alternatives
• Guidance and counselling: Individual and group counselling
• Emergence of distance learning, autonomous learning and online learning
• Transformational learning: Use of different media in education, ICT, World wide Web, Mobile technologies, multimedia packages, Computer Aided Learning (CAL), Audio-visual aids
• Digital India, Swayam, MOOC courses, UDAAN, e-library
• Virtual learners and virtual learning centers
• ICT in handling information: storage, retrieval and dissemination of information
• Online teaching, challenges and benefits of online learning
• Differentiated instructions in an online environment
CURRICULUM PLANNING AND TEACHING-LEARNING MATERIALS
• Meaning, definition of curriculum: need for curriculum, curriculum theory and practice
• Identification of needs and interests of lifelong learners
• Objectives of curriculum development
• Principles of curriculum development and its approaches
• Curriculum planning: need and implementation
• Evaluation: process-product-feedback mechanism
• Curriculum development-supporting systems
• Teaching methods
• Teaching and learning materials and aids for Lifelong Learning
• Preparation of books and audio visual material for neo-literates: processes, contents and field testing of materials
• Agencies engaged in preparation of materials, type of teaching-learning materials: print, on-line and off-line
HUMAN RESEOURCE MANAGEMENT IN LIFELONG LEARNING AND EXTENSION
• Concept, principles and functions of management
• Programme planning, organisation and control
• Job specifications of personnel engaged in University-community engagement, Skill development, Continuing education & other extension programmes
• Training and development: Family-based, Off the job & on the job
• Training of functionaries in adult, continuing education, lifelong education through participatory approach
• Skill development imitatives : State-promoted, NGO-promoted and Public Private Partnerships (PPP)
• Field skills, teaching methods of adults, training methods for training for functionaries
• Management of a training programme
• Evaluation of social development programmes
COMMUNICATION FOR SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
• Concept, methods and practices of communication
• Models: agriculture, community health, educational and social marketing
• Modes of communication; conventional and ICT-driven
• People’s participation in development
• People’s organisation (community based organisation, state promoted organisation)
• Programmes: individual centric and group centric
• Development communication planning and operationalization
• Emerging technologies in communication for social development
• Communication in extension: government, semi-government, non- government, corporate agencies etc,
SOCIAL AND DEVELOPMENTAL CONCERNS
• Development and its indicators, Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• Population Education: Concept and paradigm shifts
• Social and distributive justice
• Issues of marginalization and pedagogy: women, tribals, minorities, transgender, aged and persons with disability
• Value based education
• Inequality in social system and social mobility,
• Interventions in specific concern areas of children, bonded labour and gender
• Interventions in general areas of concern: water, health, energy, disaster and environment
• Social and professional ethics
VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND SKILL DEVELOPMENT
• Concept, scope, policy and programmes of vocational education and skill development
• Market requirements and skilling status
• Operationalization of the concept of vocational education in adult, continuing education and Lifelong Learning through state supported structures like Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSS) and non state supported structures of Industrial and Bussiness houses.
• Emergence of Micro-enterprises like Self Help groups and Mega-enterprises like SEWA
• Skilling India: Skill sectors, National Skill Development policy, programme, and implementation mechanism.
• Structure of skilling programmes, certification and equivalence
• Make-In India, Start-up, Stand Up, Mudra Banks, Entrepreneurship
• Analysis of such efforts at micro and mega level.
RESEARCH AND RESEAERCH METHODS
• Philosophical Roots, history, elements and significance of social science research
• Qualitative and quantitative action research
• Research Design: Meaning and Types; Descriptive, Analytical, Exploratary, Basic, Applied, Action, Survey and case study research
• Sources of data: primary and secondary
• Collection of Secondary Data: Historical Documents, Archival Material, Published Sources, Journals, Internet Sources, Census, NSS and Statistical Reports.
• Population and Sampling, Data Collection and its tools, organisation of research, analysis, generalization and report writing
• Documentation and dissemination of the research work
• Content Analysis, Survey and Case studies
• Currents trends of research in adult and continuing education (national and international)
• Emerging areas of research in adult and continuing education and extension,
• Ethical concerns in social science research
LIFELONG LEARNING: THE FUTURISTIC VISION
• Beyond literacy and numeracy
• Resolving the dilemmas of institutional and non-institutional learning
• Localising the learning and cultural context of a learner
• Harmonizing the skill of individual with the potential employers
• Personalised and customised educational opportunities of adult learner
• Network based learning
• Open option based learning
• Building learning communities
• Search for an ever-evolving educational policy
• Towards a learning society
Paper 2 Syllabus Download Pdf:
Preparation Tips for UGC NET Adult Education Exam 2023:
Here are some tips for preparing for the UGC NET Adult Education exam 2023:
- Understand the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly.
- Make a study plan
- Refer to standard textbooks and study materials recommended for the exam.
- Practice previous year question papers and mock tests.
- Focus on time management and accuracy while attempting the questions.
- Take regular breaks and maintain a healthy lifestyle to avoid burnout.
- Join coaching classes or online courses if necessary.
- Stay updated with current affairs related to the Adult Education field.
- The UGC NET Adult Education exam is conducted by NTA for candidates who wish to pursue a career in Adult Education.
- The exam assesses the candidates’ knowledge in the subject and tests their eligibility for lectureship and research fellowships.
- The exam pattern of UGC NET Adult Education 2023 includes multiple-choice questions and is conducted in online mode.
- The marking scheme of the exam is +2 for a correct answer and no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- The duration of the exam is 3 hours, and the number of questions is 150.
- The UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus 2023 PDF Download is an important document that provides a detailed outline of the topics that will be covered in the exam.
- To download the syllabus, candidates can visit the official website of NTA and click on the link provided.
- The syllabus is available in PDF format and can be downloaded for free.
- The syllabus is divided into nine units, each covering a specific topic related to Adult Education.
- To prepare for the exam, candidates must understand the syllabus, make a study plan, practice previous year question papers, join a coaching institute, take mock tests, and revise regularly.
- Is there any negative marking in the UGC NET Adult Education exam 2023? Ans: No, there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
- Can I download the UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus 2023 PDF from the official website? Ans: Yes, the syllabus is available for download on the official website of NTA.
- What is the duration of the UGC NET Adult Education exam 2023? Ans: The duration of each paper is 3 hours.
In conclusion, the UGC NET Adult Education exam 2023 is a crucial opportunity for aspirants who want to pursue a career in the teaching or research field. To crack the exam, it’s essential to have a clear understanding of the syllabus, exam pattern, and prepare accordingly. With a comprehensive understanding of the UGC NET Adult Education Syllabus 2023 PDF download and proper preparation, you can clear the exam with flying colors.